Literature on Chinese Maps
Journal articles (in Chinese with English abstracts)
Cao Wan Ru, Zheng Xi Huang, Huang Sheng Zhang, Niu Zhong Xun,
et al. 'Atlas of Ancient Maps in China', Beijing: Cultural Relics Press, 1990-1997 .
(Including 212 maps with Chinese and English explanation)
- Yan Ping, Jin Ying Chun, Sun Guo Qing, Yin Jun Ke, etc. 'China: in
Ancient and Modern Maps' London: Philip Wilson, 1998.
(Including 166 maps with brief descriptions.)
- Map Department of the National Library, 'Directory of 6827
domestic and foreign early maps'. Beijing: National Library
- Li Xiao Cong, 'Descriptive Catalogue of Pre-1900 Chinese Maps
Seen in Europe' Beijing: International Culture Press Co., 1996.
- Yan Ping, et al. 'Treasures of Early Chinese Maps' Xi'an,
Shaanxi, China: Xian Cartographic Press, 1995.
'History of Chinese Surveying and Mapping', Volume 2 - 'Ming
Dynasty to the Republic of China' edited by the Book Compiling
Committee of the State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping Beijing:
Surveying and Mapping Press, 1995. (Includes a list in English.)
- Niu Zhong Xun. 'Research in the History of Geography'. Beijing:
Geological Press, 1996.
( Including seven chapters on the history of Chinese surveying and mapping.)
- Que Wei Min, 'On The Cartographical Rule of the Gazetteer-Map in Ancient
Chinese Local Records'. Studies in the History of Natural Sciences,
15, No.4 (1996), pp. 334-42.
- Jiang Dao Zhang, 'Distinctive Features of Traditional Chinese
Cartography'. Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 17, No.3
- Wang Jun, 'Research on Topographic Maps of Beijing in the First
Part of the 20th Century'. Science of Surveying and Mapping , 25,
No.1 (2000): 15-18.
- Wang Jun, 'Research on some old maps of Beijing in the Modern
Period'. Progress in Geography, 19, No.1 (2000): 88-93.